Here is grandma’s Italian Rustic Bruschetta. Topped with only garlic and oil, this is the most simple and rustic version of the famous Italian appetizer.
SERVINGS: Serving 4
- 4 slices rustic, country-style bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- On a grill, grill pan or in the oven, toast the thickly-sliced bread until it is nicely golden.
- Then peal the garlic and rub it on the bread so that it releases its aroma.
- Arrange the bread on one or two serving dishes, then season with salt and, if you want, pepper.
- Drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve the rustic bruschetta while the bread is still hot.
This simple and rustic preparation is popular in central Italy.
How to cook the amazing Bruschetta recipe
Source: Academia Barilla