The Italian roast potatoes. These potatoes are beloved by children and adults alike, and they are very easy to make.
Just cube the potatoes (don’t bother to peel) and tumble them into a pan.
Pour on the olive oil, sprinkle the oregano, peel the garlic cloves (you don’t even have to do that if you’re pushed for time), mix everything together and stick the dish in the oven.
Serve alongside some lamb chops and a simple salad, or just the salad.
SERVING: Serves 4
- 2 ½ pounds waxy potatoes (about 6 medium), such as Red Bliss, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ to ½ cup olive oil
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. In large roasting pan, combine potatoes, garlic, oregano and oil.
- Stir until potatoes are well-coated, and spread them evenly in pan.
- Place in oven, and roast until golden brown and crispy, 40 minutes to an hour. (If the potatoes are crowded in the pan, they will take longer to crisp.)
- Remove potatoes and garlic from oven, and transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with salt to taste, and serve immediately.