Grandma’s Panna Cotta is delicious and easy to prepare dessert, popular throughout Italy. It looks and tastes wonderful with ripe red fruits.
- 2 cups of cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 leaf of Gelatine
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of Dark Rum (optional)
- Soak the gelatin in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Split and scrape out vanilla pod
- Place the cream, sugar, vanilla extract and vanilla pod in a saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring with a whisk.
- After the cream has come to a boil, remove from the heat and add the gelatin leaf. Stir to allow the gelatin to melt into the cream.
- Add rum (optional)
- Pour the mixture into small panna cotta molds.
- Refridgerate for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, to turn out, dip molds in warm water for 5 seconds.