Grandma’s Italian fried stuffed pepper best recipe. This is one of those recipes from grandma’s recipe box.
When you make these peppers, make extra.
They don’t last long on the kitchen counter.
As soon as you make them, you are going to want to eat as may as you can, they are that good.
SERVINGS: Serves 3
- 10-12 frying peppers
- 8-10 slices Italian Bread, crumbled
- 4-5 tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- olive oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- Crumble the Italian bread; add the basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil (about 1 tablespoon), tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Mix the stuffing until moist enough to hold together, but not too wet.
- Clean the peppers by taking off the tops, but leave a little of the rim.
- Take out the seeds and white membrane.
- Stuff each pepper with the stuffing mixture.
- Heat your frying oil to 350-375 degrees.
- Fry the tops of the peppers first to keep the stuffing from coming out.
- Then lay the peppers down and fry until lightly browned and cooked.
- Salt the peppers after they come out of the oil.
- when you crumble the bread, let it dry out for a while
- use extra virgin olive oil
- use fresh garden tomatoes
- use fresh basil