The Italian fried Polenta. In the South of Italy called Sgagliozze. If you love Polenta,try this fantastic recipe!
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- 2 cups water
- 4 ½ oz corn flour
- frying oil
- Make the polenta by slowly pouring the cornmeal into boiling salted water (using a copper pot if possible).
- Let it cook for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon.
- When it’s done, pour the polenta into an oiled pan.
- Spread it out to a thickness of 3/8 inch (1 cm) and let it cool.
- When it’s thoroughly cooled, cut it into strips or triangles.
- Heat a large amount of oil in a pot.
- When it reaches a boil, fry the polenta slices until a golden crust forms.
- Remove them with a perforated spoon and place them on paper towels to dry.
- Sprinkle them with salt to taste and serve them very hot.
Source: Academia Barilla