Here is grandma’s Italian Focaccia bread best recipe. Fragrant and savory, focaccia from Liguria is the ideal snack, anytime of the day.
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- 2 lb all-purpose flour
- 1 oz fresh yeast
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ oz salt
- 3 ½ tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Mix flour, yeast, salt and enough water to make dough.
- Allow to rise for at least three hours covered with a dish towel.
- Then distribute it uniformly into a rectangular tin, slightly oiled, with a height of about 0.8 inch pressing with your fingers to make small dimples.
- Sprinkle with salt, oil and fennel seeds to taste.
- Bake in a hot oven (400°F) for about twenty minutes.
- Your Focaccia bread can now be served.
The quantities to prepare the dough here indicated could slightly vary according to type of flour you will use.
So keep some extra flour and water aside, in order to add them to the dough when necessary to gain the right consistency, which is a smooth and elastic dough, easy to clean off the hands and the working table.
Source: Academia Barilla