Grandma’s Italian chicken with peppers onions and potatoes. The natural juices of the chicken blend in with the sweet taste of the peppers and red onions.
Adding the potatoes just makes the dish a hearty meal for the whole family.
SERVING: 4 to 6 people
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 Tbs of butter
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 large red onion
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 8 red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan heat the butter and oil and saute the chicken on both sides until browned and crisp
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the peppers, onions and potatoes and saute covered for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook for another 10 minutes of until potatoes and onions are browned.
- Add the chicken back into the pan.
- Add the red wine, turn the heat on high and reduce to about half
- The add the diced tomatoes, oregano, basil and crushed red pepper
- Cover and cook for 30 to 40 minutes.