Here’s my Grandma’s Italian Cheese Manicotti. Easy Cheese Manicotti is tender manicotti shells stuffed with cheese.
A simple Italian-American dish that’s sure to be a hit!
Serving: Serves: 6-8
- 8 oz Manicotti
- 1 container (15 oz.) low-fat part skim ricotta or cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 jar (24 oz.) pasta sauce
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Lay flat on foil to cool. Heat oven to 350º F.
- In large bowl, stir together ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses, parsley, salt and pepper; spoon into cooled pasta tubes.
- Spread thin layer of sauce on bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking dish, arrange filled pasta in single layer over sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over pasta; cover with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly.
Note: EASY MANICOTTI WITH CHEESE (No-Boil Method) … Prepare as directed above EXCEPT; DO NOT cook pasta before filling tubes.
For sauce, stir together pasta sauce and 1 cup of water; heat to boiling.
Use heated sauce in preparing dish. Bake at 400ºF.