Here is my grandma’s Italian Archtichoke Caponata best recipe. If you like Caponata, try this fantastic recipe with artichokes.
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- 8 artichokes
- 1 celery
- 1 ¾ oz raisins
- 1 ¾ oz pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Clean the artichokes and boil until “al dente”.
- Separately, clean the celery, boil in salted water, drain and gently fry in a pan in a little oil.
- Add the artichokes, the raisins previously soaked in warm water, the pepper and the mint.
- Stir for some moments, add the sugar and caramellize them, stirring continuously.
- Splash with the vinegar, allow to evaporate, sprinkle with the pine nuts and serve, even cold, if you like.