Forget the jar from the store, this Homemade Pizza Sauce shows just how simple it is to make delicious pizza sauce from scratch using ingredients you might already have in your kitchen.
Don’t need it right away?
Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or freeze for later.
Prep Time: 10m
Bake/Cook Time: 20m – 25m
Yield: 2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes taking care that the garlic doesn’t brown.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, dried basil, and dried oregano.
- Bring to a simmer and turn heat down too low.
- Stirring occasionally, cook for 15-20 minutes until sauce has slightly thickened. Stir in salt.