An easy and simple Italian Tomato sauce. If you want to make easy and simple Italian tomato sauce, this is my Grandma’s recipe!
Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 2 lb fresh tomatoes
- 4 oz yellow onion
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ½ oz celery
- 3 ½ oz carrot
- 5 leaves of basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sprig parsley
- Wash and dice the carrots, celery and onions.
- Wash the tomatoes and remove the seeds.
- Chop and place in a pan with the oil and diced vegetables.
- Then add roughly chopped basil and parsley.
- Cover the sauce and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and reduce. Adjust the flavor with a pinch of salt and grinding of pepper.
- Pass everything through a vegetable mill.
- Use the sauce to dress pasta or as a base for other recipes. Tomato sauce can be kept in the fridge for 3 days.It can also frozen and kept in the freezer for three months.
For the courtesy of: http://www.academiabarilla.com/italian-recipes/how-to/tomato-sauce.aspx