Here is my grandma’s best blueberry ricotta cake recipe. It’s not quite a cheesecake, and not quite a cake, but somewhere in the middle.
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of a lemon
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan (I used a springform pan).
- For the batter: In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk, shortening, egg and vanilla, beating till smooth.
- Spoon the batter into a greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan Sprinkle the blueberries over the batter.
- For the topping: In a small bowl, beat the eggs till frothy, then beat in the cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread this mixture evenly over the blueberries.
- Bake the cake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until it’s golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool to lukewarm before serving.
- Blueberry Ricotta cake can now be served.