When fresh blueberries come in season, pull this recipe out!
20 minutes to assemble
40-45 minutes to bake
Total Time: 60-65 minutes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1-7 oz box Almond Paste
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (washed and stemmed)
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll 1 pie crust and press into bottom and up sides of tart pan.
- Between two sheets of wax paper, roll Almond Paste into a 9″-10″ disk.
- Line pie crust with almond paste. Cut excess pie shell or almond paste from edge of tart pan, making it smooth.
- With electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the sugar, egg, lemon rind and salt until light and fluffy. Spoon mixture evenly into pie shell.
- Whisk cinnamon with remaining 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl and toss with blueberries. Spread evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until cream cheese filling has set and blueberries are starting to bubble. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, melt apple jelly with 1 tablespoon of water. Brush on top of tart for a beautiful glaze. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- 9″ – 10″ tart pan with removable bottom
- Wax paper
- Electric mixer
Source and picture:Odense