This asparagus frittata is one of the easiest things you can make and it not only makes a nice breakfast, but a great light lunch, too. I use fresh eggs from a local farm that come in a range of beautiful colors.
You can use whole stalks of asparagus or slice it into 1 inch pieces. When you make this frittata, make sure your broiler is ready to go. Once you steam the asparagus, the frittata takes only a minute to make. You don’t even have to have a skillet with an oven proof handle – it will barely be under the broiler for 20 or 30 seconds.
Servings: serves 2
- several stalks of fresh asparagus
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Preheat your broiler.
- Break eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork.
- Add the cheese to the eggs.
- Steam the asparagus until tender.
- Heat a 10″ nonstick skillet. Spray with cooking spray or add a little olive oil or butter.
- Add egg mixture and place asparagus into the eggs.
- Cook over medium heat for about 30 seconds.
- Place under broiler until top is barely set, but not overdone.
- Do not overcook the eggs.
- They should still be just a little soft.
- Slip frittata out onto a serving plate.
- Cut into 4 wedges.
Recipe from: http://italiandish.squarespace.com/imported-20090913150324/2009/5/8/asparagus-frittata.html