A delicious apple pie pound cake from my Grandma’s Memories.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 baking apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Once well combined, add in the applesauce, vanilla extract and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the apples, then transfer the mixture to 2 well-greased loaf pans, or 1 (9-inch) Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes, and then remove from the pan.
- Combine the powdered sugar, milk and butter in a small bowl and whisk together. Drizzle over the cake while it is still warm.
- Apple pie cake is now ready to be served!