I wanted to share a super recipe with you, it’s for Amaretto Tiramisu.
The amaretto gives it a different taste–very yummy.
I love Tiramisu but have never been bold enough to make it (even though I have several different recipes rated from easy to complicated).
SERVING: Serves 8
- 8 ounces Neufchâtel cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (8 oz. container) reduced-fat nondairy whipped topping
- 24 (7 oz. package) ladyfingers
- 3/4 cup strong coffee
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced blanched almonds (optional)
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar in medium-size bowl until light and creamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Then beat in amaretto and vanilla.
- Fold whipped topping into cream-cheese mixture.
- Arrange half of ladyfingers in dish just large enough to hold them in one layer, such as a 9 x 9-inch casserole dish.
- Then sprinkle with half the coffee.
- Top with half the cream-cheese mixture, spreading smooth. Sprinkle with half the cocoa.
- Arrange the remaining ladyfingers over cocoa.
- Sprinkle with remaining coffee. Then top with remaining cream-cheese mixture, smoothing the top.
- After which, sprinkle with remaining cocoa.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Finally, sprinkle it with confectioners’ sugar and sliced almonds.
Nutritional Value Per Serving: (1 slice/1/8 of recipe)
- 295 calories
- 16g fat (5g saturated)
- 6g protein,
- 31g carbohydrates
- 151mg sodium
- 112mg cholesterol