This light, luscious and gone to heaven lemon yogurt cake is gluten-free, zesty and delicious.
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture, plus 1/3 cup, extra
- 1 lemon, rind nely grated, juiced
- 2 tablespoons polenta
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat ricotta
- Fresh blueberries, to serve (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve (optional)
- Lemon zest, to serve
Use a long serrated knife to slice the cake in half horizontally.
Use electric beaters to beat the ricotta, extra icing sugar, milk and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
Then use a spatula to spread half the ricotta mixture evenly over the cut side of the cake base.
Top with the remaining cake layer, cut side down. Spread the remaining ricotta mixture over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with blueberries, mint and lemon zest.
Lemon yogurt cake is now ready to be served!