The frozen Napoleon. Served on a warm evening nothing could be finer or more pleasing.
- 2 cups and 2 tbs. heavy cream – divided
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 6 tbs. Cocoa powder
- 3 tbs. butter – softened, unsalted
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 box (15 oz) graham crackers or vanilla cookies – or more as needed
- 2 tbs. canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray
- Combine 2 cups cream and pudding mix in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whip whipped topping for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Slowly fold into the pudding mixture.
- Line bottom of prepared baking dish with graham crackers or vanilla cookies and cover with ½ of the whipped topping mixture.
- Cover with another layer of crackers or cookies and top with remaining whipped mixture. Top final layer of whipped topping with remaining cookies.
- Freeze until firm for at least 1 ½ hours.
- Combine cocoa, remaining 2 tablespoons of cream, butter, oil, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir until all mixed in and well combined.
- Spread over the dessert and return to the freezer for at least 45 minutes or until firm.