The stuffed pizza with sausage and friarielli is a savory pie rustic typical of Neapolitan cuisine.
Composed of a leavened dough similar to pizza, is stuffed with the friarielli reamed in a frying pan and fresh sausage.
The friarielli, are blanched quickly, and browned in a pan with oil, garlic and chili pepper. Very present in the neapolitan cuisine, the friarielli you use in a variety of Campania recipes, to dress the pasta, on pizza or precisely in the filling of the pizza closed as the recipe that follows..
Is typical in Naples find many types of the stuffed pizza sold as street food.
- 2.2 lbs of
- 1 teaspoon of dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 19,5 oz of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Method for pizza dough
- Dissolve the yeast in the water and add the flour a little at a time, by kneading quickly with your hands. When the dough is forming add the salt and continue to knead.
- Add olive oil flush and knead for 5 minutes. Let rise the pasta for 2 hours, holding it always covered with a cloth wet or with film.
- 2 lb of fresh sausages
- 3 lbs of friarielli or small broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Wash the friarielli and simmer in slightly salted water for 1 minute.
- Drain and cook them in a pan where you have previously browned with a couple of spoon of olive oil a couple of garlic cloves and one chili pepper.
- Cut sausages in small pieces and brown it in a frying pan for a few minutes
- Add then also the friarielli.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces and roll 2 discs.
- With the first lined a tin previously greased with oil or lined with baking paper.
- Filled with the friarielli and sausage, cover with the other disk of dough.
- Seal hermetically and practiced some vent hole with the tip of the fork.
- Rub with olive oil and cook for 35 minutes at 356°F.
- Leave the stuffed pizza sausage and friarielli cool before removing from the baking tin.