Called in Naples “frittata di spaghetti”, the spaghetti pizza pie, is easy a traditional dish of Campania region and of neapolitan cuisine.
It is a pasta mess that was born as a dish of recovery.
The paste is mixed with fresh eggs, grated cheese, ham and pepper.
There can be various versions of spaghetti pizza pie.
Red one with tomato, or white, even if, the Pizza Pasta pie can be customize to liking.
Many ingredients to be added: peas, sauteed mushrooms, bacon, cheese, or with vegetables. In the gastronomic tradition of Neapolitan, spaghetti pizza is a preparation also sold as of street food.
SERVINGS: 4 to 6 people
- 1 lb of spaghetti or pasta already cooked
- 6 whole eggs
- 6 spoon of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tea spoon of ground pepper
- 1 lb of tomato sauce already cooked
- 7 oz of provola cheese cut into small pieces
- 7 oz of bacon cut into thin slices
- 5 oz of boiled peas
- Mix the very well the spaghetti with the eggs .
- Add the grated cheese, tomato sauce and any other ingredients as provola and bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper and place in a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Press with a spoon and try to compact well the spaghetti pizza pie . Cook in the oven at 356° F for 25 minutes , until it forms a golden crust on the surface.