Here is the Italian Fried Ricotta Cheese or Frittata di ricotta from the South of Italy, one of the most famous and delicious dessert!!!
Servings: serves 2-3 people
- 4 eggs;
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp of ricotta cheese;
- granulated sugar;
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp raisins and pine nuts;
- Mix together in a bowl the beaten eggs, salt, pepper, ricotta cheese previously blended with sugar, cinnamon, pine nuts and raisins and some milk.
- Stir quickly with a wooden spoon, then transfer the mixture to a frying pan with some oil.
- Cook on a high flame.
- As soon as the omelette begins to harden, toss the frying pan so that it doesn’t stick on the bottom.
- Turn it over on a dish, then slide it back onto the pan.
- When both sides are golden remove the omelette and let it cool on a large dish.
- Serve your Fried Ricotta Cheese sliced with raw celery sticks.