The Egg Fettuccine Cacciatora. The egg pasta goes perfectly with the rich sauce, with a strong flavor, particularly suited to the cold season.
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- ½ lb Fettuccine all’Uovo Emiliane Barilla
- ½ rabbit, de-boned
- 1 lb canned tomatoes
- 2 oz pancetta (italian bacon)
- 2 ½ oz onion, sliced
- 3 ½ tablespoons Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ oz grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan over medium, heat oil and chopped pancetta.
- Remove rosemary needles from stem.
- Add the onion, the whole peeled garlic clove, the sage, and the rosemary needles and brown the mixture.
- Add the rabbit and brown for several minutes.
- Then add the Marsala and cook until liquid evaporates, then pass the tomatoes through a vegetable mill and add them.
- Season with salt and pepper, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking for about 20 minutes.
- If the sauce becomes too dry, add a few spoonfuls of hot water.
- Discard the garlic clove once cooking has finished.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the fettuccine until it is al dente; drain.
- Toss with the rabbit sauce and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Your awesome Egg Fettuccine Cacciatora is now ready to be served. Have a wonderful meal and enjoy the rest of the day.
This sauce also pairs well with long egg pasta such as tagliatelle or pappardelle.
Source: Academia Barilla