The easy pound cake. Great for children’s parties, birthdays, etc.
SERVINGS: Serves 9-12
- 250 gm (2 sticks plus 2 tablespoons/9 oz./1 1/8 cup) butter or margarine
- 4 fresh eggs (any size will do)
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup cubed sweet potato
- 1 cup shredded pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 F). Grease an 8-inch baking tin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs and fresh milk.
- Using an electric mixer, mix at low speed for 2 minutes.
- Add flour, sweet potato and shredded pumpkin, mixing on medium speed for 2 more minutes.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking tin and bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool on wire rack and cut into slices before serving.