The blueberry muffins. I chose this recipe because it seemed easy, called for the amount of blueberries I have and I had all the ingredients.
That was it, I was sold.
I experimented and sprinkled some sugar on top of some of the cupcakes before they went in the oven and I really liked the way they came out.
They looked so pretty.
SERVING: Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil or melted shortening
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line or grease 12 muffin cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup.
- In bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in egg, milk, and oil just until moistened (will be lumpy).
- Gently fold in berries.
- Spoon into muffin cups (2/3 full)
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Loosen, remove immediately.
- Your blueberry muffins are now ready to be served.
Source: My Italian Grandmother