Cook this delightful zucchini and shrimp pasta. A must in the summer, the perfect speedy dinner, it can be made in just a few minutes and is a guaranteed success.
Beautiful days and a mild climate makes us think of zucchini and shrimp pasta, loved by children and adults alike: let’s go and prepare this colorful and tasty dish!
A classic combination of the tricolor tradition, suitable for any occasion and one you can embellish with your own artistic touch: you can add other vegetables or a pinch of saffron to give more color to the dish; while you can also use dry pasta or prepare some sheets and make a delicious lasagna.
We have plumped for the traditional spaghetti, but the recipe is so fast and easy that you can have fun trying a different combination of flavors every time.
- 350 g spaghetti or penne pasta
- 300 g shrimp
- 400 g zucchini
- 3 spoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the shrimp: rinse the shrimp several times under running water, remove the heads and shell them, washing first the tail, then the legs and the carapace.
- Prepare the zucchini: wash the zucchinis, cut off the ends and then slice them into thin strips
- Move on to the sauce: warm the oil in the pan and brown the cloves of garlic (previously peeled and lightly crushed) until they take on a golden blond color. Discard the cloves, pour in the zucchini, salt them slightly and cook them on a high flame. Continue stirring until they lose their color. When they are nearly ready, add the shrimp and leave them to cook for two minutes.
- Prepare the pasta: cook the spaghetti until it’s al dente then cook until creamy in the pan with a generous helping of ground pepper. Let it simmer for one minute while stirring thoroughly.
- Now, all you have to do is savor this spaghetti dish and round off the meal with a classic Italian ritual: take a bit of bread and clean the plate all up by mopping up all the sauce. Well done, you have just completed the ‘scarpetta’ (mopping)!