A fantastic carrot cake, in a gluten-free version!!!
- 1 box (15 oz) Betty Crocker™ Gluten Free yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots (2 medium)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) gluten-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free powdered sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 cup coconut, if desired
Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free.
Products and ingredient sources can change.
Finely shredding the carrot and finely chopping the nuts spreads their goodness through the whole cake and makes it easier to cut, too.
Betty’s mixes won gold. The Edison Best New Product Awards are given annually and are voted on by a not-for-profit group. Enjoy this recipe using one of the mixes.