Satisfy your inner Italian with Classic Chicken Marsala (Pollo al Marsala), featuring pan-fried chicken in a Marsala reduction sauce.
And get this, it’s ready in just 30 minutes!
- 4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts , or 2 thick breasts sliced in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup Marsala Wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Season chicken breasts* with salt and pepper. Spread flour out onto a plate or shallow bowl. Dip chicken breasts into flour to coat and shake off excess flour. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken breasts and sear on each side until golden brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside while you make sauce. Keep warm.
- In the skillet used to make the chicken, heat another 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in mushrooms and saute until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add in garlic and cook 1 minute more. Pour in marsala wine and chicken broth Bring to a simmer and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add chicken back to the pan. Spoon some sauce and mushrooms over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Serve chicken warm topped with mushroom marsala sauce.
*This recipe uses four thin chicken breasts. If your chicken breasts are large and thick, you can slice them in half lengthwise, turning two large chicken breasts into four.