Here’s a delicious and easy summer dish – the curried seafood salad!
- 3 cups flakes crab meat- imitation is fine
- 1 cup fresh pea pods – sliced
- 8 oz Ricotta – whole milk, drained
- 1/3 cup scallions – chopped
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 2 tbps curry powder – or to taste
- Pinch of salt – to taste
- 1 medium cucumber – sliced
- Lettuce or fresh spinach leaves for serving
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds – toasted
- In a medium bowl, combine crab meat, pea pods and scallions.
- To prepare the dressing, in a food processor, combine ricotta, yogurt or sour cream and orange juice.
- Give a pulse or two and then add curry powder, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Add 2/3 cup of dressing to seafood mixture and toss well to combine.
- Arrange lettuce leaves and cucumber slices on 4 individual serving plates or cups.
- Mound seafood mixture on top and garnish with almonds.
- Put remaining dressing on the side for topping.
- Curried seafood salad is now ready to be served!