The Curried Seafood Salad and Buttermilk Chive Biscuits. Quick and easy for a delicious lunch or appetizer.
SERVING: Serves 4
- 3 cups cook crabmeat – flaked*
- ⅓ cups scallions – sliced
- 2 tb plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. curry powder – or to taste
- 1 medium cucumber – sliced
- 1 cup pea pods – sliced
- 8 oz ricotta – drained
- 2 tb orange juice
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup slivered almonds – toasted
- lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine crab, pea pods and scallions.
- In a food processor make the dressing by combining ricotta, yogurt, orange juice, curry powder and salt. Process until smooth and creamy. Add 2/3 cup dressing to the seafood mixture and toss well making sure it is all well combined
- Arrange lettuce leaves and cucumber slices on 4 individual serving plates. Mound curried seafood salad on top and garnish with almonds.
- Pass remaining dressing to pour as desired.
NOTE: I use imitation crab and sometimes lobster to make this recipe and because of all the flavors it works well.
QUICK AND EASY BUTTERMILK CHIVE BISCUITS
- Pulse 1 ½ cups flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder and a pinch of salt in your food processor until well combined. Pulse in 6 tbs cold unsalted butter until mixture is pea-size. Pulse in 2/3 cup buttermilk and l/2 tbs chopped chives.
- Remove from processor with a spatula and pat into 1 6-inch square on an ungreased baking pan. Score into 12 biscuits and brush with buttermilk.
- Bake a 425º until browned – 1bout 22-25 minutes. Cool slightly and cut into 12 biscuits.