The Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti. If you like Italian cookies, this is amazing recipe for you!
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil or canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups pistachio nuts
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 300 F (aka 150 C).
- In a good sized bowl, mix together oil and sugar until it is well blended.
- Now mix in the vanilla extract and then beat in the eggs.
- Combine salt, flour, and baking powder.
- Slowly stir this into the egg mixture.
- Mix in the cranberries and nuts by hand.
- Divide your dough in half.
- Create two logs (about 12×2 inches) on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- The dough might be sticky, so wet your hands with cool water.
- Bake for about 35 minutes in the preheated oven.
- When read the logs will be a light brown.
- Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven heat to 275 F (135 C).
- Cut the logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- Lay on their sides on parchment covered cookie sheet and bake about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti!