This healthy snack recipe is an easy-to-prepare treat that takes almonds to a whole new level.
Featuring cocoa powder, espresso powder and even a pinch of cayenne (optional, of course!), these homemade roasted nuts are a must-try!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Espresso Powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups raw almonds
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt and cayenne. Whisk to remove any lumps.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla until frothy. Add almonds to the bowl and toss gently until coated. Stir in the sugar and cocoa mixture and coat well.
- Transfer the almonds to the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Roast for about 40-45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container.