- Unsalted Butter – ½ cup 110grams
- Sugar – ½ cup 100 grams
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
- Large Eggs – 2
- Rum – 2 tblspn optional
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup 120 grams
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Apples – 2 peeled and chopped I used gala variety
- Sugar – 1.5 tblspn for sprinkling over cake
- My 1 cup measure 240 ml
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. First prepare a 18 cm cake pan by oiling it well and dusting it with flour.
- Take flour, baking powder, salt in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Take butter, sugar, vanilla in a bowl and use a beater to whip till it gets creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat till cream.
- Add in rum add flour mix. Beat till mixed.
- Add in the chopped apples and fold gently.
- Spoon this into the pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle with the 2 tblspn of sugar and bake for 40 mins untill a toothpick inserted comes clean and top is golden.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely.
- Remove it from pan and slice and serve.