The soft ricotta ciambellone is a light dessert with a delicate and very soft taste.
It is a simple and easy to prepare recipe, ricotta makes it an excellent nutritious and delicious sweet, ideal for breakfast with a nice cup of coffee and milk!
For this recipe, we recommend using ricotta in a tray, as it has a soft and creamy consistency, perfect for preparing desserts.
Servings: serve 4-6
- 8.81 oz of cow’s ricotta cheese;
- ½ cup + 3 tbsp of granulated sugar;
- 1 cups + ¼ cup of all purpose flour;
- 2 eggs;
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp of butter (or 80 ml. of seed oil);
- 1 packet of baking powder (1 teaspoon);
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract;
- grated zest of 1/2 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 356 F.
2. First work the ricotta with the sugar until you get a soft cream, gradually add the softened butter, the eggs, the flour mixed with the baking powder , the lemon rind and the vanilla extract.
3. Mix well until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous.
4. Transfer the mixture into a buttered cake pan with the central hole and bake the cake for 35-40 minutes (depending on your oven).
5. To check the cooking, after the 35 minutes, do the toothpick test to check its consistency.
6. Once cold, serve the soft ricotta ciambellone sprinkling it with lots of icing sugar!