The Christmas Ricotta Cookie Cake. Inspired by a sugar cookie and featuring ricotta and olive oil, this Italian sweet cake is about to become the best you’ve ever tasted.
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese, strained of excess liquid
- 4 eggs & 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream & 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 box (15.25 oz) Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Cake Mix French Vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk or half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nonpareil sprinkles & Baking spray
- Heat oven to 325° F. Spray a 9” springform pan with baking spray.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together ricotta, eggs and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, combine cream and olive oil.
- Add cake mix to ricotta mixture in small amounts, alternating with adding the cream and olive oil mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from the springform pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
- Use more or less milk depending on your desired consistency.
- Drizzle icing over cake.