The Christmas Fudge Torte. This delicious fudge torte is perfect for a holiday or Christmas dessert.
It is mildly coffee flavored and topped with a rich chocolate nut glaze.
A special dessert that your guests will truly enjoy.
SERVING: Makes 8-10 servings.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick/4 oz/113g) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup dairy sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fudge Nut Glaze (recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350°F (180 C).
- Grease 9-inch round baking pan; line bottom with wax paper.
- Grease paper; flour paper and pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, instant coffee, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add butter, sour cream, egg and vanilla; beat on low speed of mixer until blended.
- Increase speed to medium; beat 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack; gently peel off wax paper.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare Fudge Nut Glaze.
- Place cake on serving plate; pour glaze evenly over cake, allowing some to run down sides.
- Refrigerate until glaze is firm, about 1 hour.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover torte.
FUDGE NUT GLAZE
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, macadamia nuts or pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients except nuts and vanilla in small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cool 10 minutes; stir in nuts and vanilla.