The Italian fish tortelli. These fish ravioli are the perfect way to celebrate Christmas Italian-style, with elegance and fun.
- 10 oz sea bass fillet, skin off
- 3 ½ oz crustless white bread
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 egg white
- salt and pepper to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- minced parsley to taste
- 4 scallops
- 8 shrimp tails
- chili pepper to taste
- Soak the bread in the milk to soften.
- Squeeze the bread to remove excess milk, then place it in a food processor with the sea bass fillet, cream, egg white, Parmigiano Reggiano, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix until you have a soft, light puree. Once the filling is ready you can prepare the egg pasta dough with 3 eggs and 10 oz of flour, or as an alternative, you can use 10 oz of fresh egg pasta dough already made.
- Use a rolling pin or pasta machine to roll out the pasta dough until 1/10th-inch thick.
- Using a knife or pasta cutter, cut the sheet into 3-inch squares.
- Then, using a teaspoon or pastry bag, place a hazelnut-sized ball of filling in the center of each pasta square.
- Brush the edges with water and fold, one by one, into triangular tortelli.
- Use your thumbs to seal the edges, making sure that there are no air bubbles inside.
- Then, heat bring a large pot of water to a boil. In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Remove the scallops from their shells, if necessary.
- Use only the white part of the scallop. Place a pan over medium heat.
- Add oil and, once hot, add the garlic and chopped chili pepper.
- After 30 seconds, add the scallops and shrimp. Once golden on both sides, add chopped parsley, salt and a couple tbsp of boiling water. Remove the garlic and then take the pan off the heat.
- Once the sauce is ready, add salt to the boiling water and cook the tortelli.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until the tortelli come to the top.
- Remove the pasta using a slotted spoon and transfer it to the pan with the sauce.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce until well covered.
- Divide the tortelli evenly between individual plates.
- Add a little extra sauce to each. Also add, two shrimp tails, one scallop and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Your fish tortelli can now be served!