Today I’m going shopping for some crab legs to make this delicious Crab Risotto for dinner tomorrow.
Tomorrow morning I’m headed to the Farmers Market for fresh veggies.
Probably some asparagus to add to this recipe.
You can use canned crab meat or imitation crab for this recipe if your in a hurry but the results won’t be the same.
Always use the freshest ingredients when possible.
Besides adding asparagus to this Crab Risotto recipe you can add just about any of your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
- 6 cups of chicken, fish or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbls of butter
- 3 Tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- 1bunch long green onions, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1cup of Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 2 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 lb of crab meat, cooked, shelled and chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces and cooked
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- In a medium size saucepan, bring the broth to a simmer.
- In a large pot, heat the butter and oil until the butter begins to sizzle.
- Sauté the onions, shallot and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Stir the rice in and coat with the butter oil mixture.
- Add the wine and stir until all the wine is absorbed.
- Stir in the sage.
- Add the broth to the rice 1 cup at a time and keep stirring until each cup is absorbed by the rice.
- Stir in the cooked crab meat and asparagus and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Stir in the parmesan cheese
- Plate the risotto and drizzle the cream on top.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley.
Serves 4 people