(How to make Chocolate Oreo Poke cake is Our Favorite Beach Dessert)
For the Cake:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 30 oreos – divided
For the Topping:
- 1 16 oz jar hot fudge sauce
- 1 pkg instant chocolate pudding – 3.4 oz
- 1 ¾ cup milk
- 1 large container cool whip
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a large mixing bowl combine the chocolate cake, mix with ¾ cup milk, vegetable oil, eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Mix well until all combined and pour into 9 X 13-inch pan.
- In a plastic bag crush 10 Oreos until crumbly but not small crumbs. Sprinkle all over cake.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 20-30 mins.
- With the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes all over the cake.
- Heat hot fudge until it is pourable (add a little vanilla) and pour over the cake.
- Prepare instant pudding (using only 1 ¾ cup milk) combining milk and pudding mix. Pour all over cake and refrigerate just until cool.
Crush 10 Oreos and fold into the Cool Whip. Pour mixture all over cake. Chill at least 2 hours and top with the remainder of the Oreos, crushed, and a drizzle of the hot fudge. You never can have too much chocolate!