The Chocolate, Espresso and Mascarpone Cream. This light and flavorful whipped cream topping is made with mascarpone, giving it a creamier, fuller texture and enabling it to keep its shape for longer than most other whipped cream toppings.
Try our espresso chocolate mascarpone whipped topping on chocolate cake for the ultimate indulgence!
- 8 oz mascarpone
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3 cup liquid espresso
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar
- Put the unsweetened cocoa and the sugar in a heat proof bowl, set aside and make the espresso.
- We usually make ours in an espresso machine or a moka pot, but you can use an equal amount of any other liquid coffee if you don’t have espresso.
- Pour the fresh, hot espresso on top of the cocoa and sugar.
- Stir well until the sugar is dissolved and place in the fridge to cool.
- In the meantime, beat the heavy cream using a mixer until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add the mascarpone to the heavy cream and continue to beat together just until everything is well incorporated.
- The cream should have a thick, stiff texture.
- Once the espresso and cocoa mixture is cool, fold it into the mascarpone whipped cream.
- The cream can be used inside of pastries or as a topping for almost anything, but pairs especially well with chocolate cake for an indulgent dessert.
Source and picture: Monte Nero