Chocolate Chip Cookies. There are so many chocolate chip cookie recipes out there, so how do you know which one to make?
Well, stop looking because I have the one just for you right here.
SERVINGS: Serves 4-5 dozen
- 2/3 cup (1 1/2 sticks/6 oz/170 gm) butter or shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1 (12 oz.) package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Mix together throughly, the butter (or shortening, if using), both sugars, the egg, and the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt and blend into butter mixture. Stir in the nuts (optional) and chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until delicately browned.
- Cool slightly before removing from baking sheet.
- Your Chocolate Chip Cookies is now ready to be served.
Source:Betty Crocker’s Cooky Book (1963 Edition)