Chicken Arugula Salad is perfect for a light meal that’s quick and refreshing at the end of a long day.
- 4 chicken breasts – boneless, skinless
- 3 eggs – large
- 8 oz parmesa cheese – freshly grated
- salt, pepper, garlic powder – to taste
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and place the breasts flat onto a cutting board so the pointed end is towards you.
- With a sharp knife, slice through the center of each breast, making sure to stop before cutting all the way through.
- Spread the breasts open like a book and press the center down flat.
- Pound the breasts to flatten a little more forming each one into one large fillet.
- Place eggs in a mixing bowl or flat lipped plate and whisk well until foamy.
- Place grated cheese in a shallow dish.
- Preheat oven to 275º. Spray a large skillet with your favorite cooking spray or lightly coat the skillet with olive oil.
- Dip the flattened chicken breasts into the egg shaking off excess, next into the grated cheese making sure to coat each side very well. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook in a hot skillet for a few minutes turning to brown each side.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in oven to keep warm while preparing the salad.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 2 carrots – large
- 4 plum tomatoes – sliced
- Italian salad dressing
- 2 pkgs (11oz each) baby arugula
- In a medium bowl place cucumbers (julienned into 4” lengths), carrots (cleaned, julienned, and cut into 4” lengths) and tomatoes. Toss with ¼ -1/3 cup of salad dressing (homemade or store bought).
- In a separate bowl, toss arugula with just a light spray of dressing.
To Serve – On each of 4 plates place chicken in center and add a generous mound of tossed arugula. Top with carrots, cucumber tomatoes and serve immediately.
NOTE: Another quick meal that we like is to use just the Arugula Salad and add a can of drained Italian tuna fish that has been flaked and spread over the arugula. We like chickpeas so I will also sometimes add a drained can of these too. Even blanched string beans work well. That’s why this is such a great salad recipe to keep handy.