Augello Family Cheesecake with Strawberry Glaze
I’ve made this no-crust cheesecake for years on all special occasions.
This year it will be our Father’s Day dessert.
- ½ cup butter – unsalted
- 1 lb ricotta – drained
- 4 eggs – large, room temp
- 3 tbs flour – sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- ½ lb cream cheese
- ½ lb impastata
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and then allow to cool.
- In the meantime, in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and impastata until soft and fluffy. Slowly add the ricotta and continue to mix until all incorporated.
- Slowly add the remaining ingredients, including the butter and mix all together thoroughly. When adding the eggs be sure to add them one at a time making sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven but leave the cake in the oven with the door closed for 2 more hours.
- Remove and place on a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
NOTE: If getting too brown simply place a piece of aluminum foil loosely over the top of the cake. This cheesecake is rich enough to be eaten plain or does well with a fruit glaze.
When ready to serve, slice and top with Strawberry Glaze.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice – freshly squeezed
- Hull and wash the berries. Then crush enough berries to make 1 cup of pulp. Cut the remaining berries in half to arrange on the cake.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the sugar and cornstarch. Add the water and stir until totally dissolved.
- Add the berry pulp to a saucepan and bring to a rapid boil. Stir constantly while the mixture boils for 2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the butter and lemon juice. Let mixture cool to room temperature and then pour the glaze over the strawberries that are arranged on the cake. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours until set.