Here is the fabulous Cassatelle fritte or Sicilian Fried Ricotta Sweets. There is all the flavor of the Sicilian land, sweet and passionate, in these little pastries that jealously preserve a precious and rich filling.
Servings: serves 6-8
- 35 oz of sheep ricotta cheese;
- 3 cups + 2 tbsp of “00” flour;
- ¾ cup + 3 tbsp of granulated sugar;
- ¼ cup of dark chocolate flakes;
- 1 sachet of vanillina
- extra virgin olive oil;
- 1/2 glass of Marsala
- icing sugar;
- cinnamon powder
- Place ricotta it in a bowl with ½ cup + 3 tbsp of sugar, chocolate flakes, vanillin and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Mix with a small wooden spoon until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Separately mix the flour with half a glass of oil to form small grains, add the remaining sugar and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Complete the dough with Marsala, working it until you get an elastic dough to spread with a rolling pin or pasta machine.
- Make strips as wide as lasagne and fill them with the previously seasoned ricotta.
- Close each box in the same way as a large ravioli and cut the dough with a toothed wheel, taking care to leave some space between the edge of the filling and the edge of the dough itself.
- Fry in hot oil. Serve the cassatelle sprinkled with icing sugar mixed with cinnamon.