When the leaves are turning beautiful colors of red and gold and the temperature is starting to cool down nothing is more comforting than a loaf of bread baking in your oven. And your kitchen will smell heavenly!
1 STICK UNSALTED BUTTER -melted plus extra for pan
2 CUPS FLOUR – plus extra for pan
2 TBS SUGAR
1 TSP KOSHER SALT
1 ¾ TSPS BAKING POWDER
½ TSP BAKING SODA
3 ½ OZ ASIAGO – shredded (1 ½ cups)
3 LARGE EGGS – room temp
1/3 CUP SOUR CREAM – drained if wet
3 CUPS SHREDDED CARROTS
½ TSP CAYENNE PEPPER
½ CUP SLICED ALMONDS
- Preheat oven to 375º. Butter and flour a 9X5-inch loaf pan and shake out excess.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda and cayenne.
- Whisk well making sure all is well combined.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and toss to distribute evenly. In another bowl whisk together, eggs, sour cream, butter and carrots until well combined and smooth.
- Make a small hole in the flour mixture and slowly pour the carrot mixture into it. Stir together just until all is well combined and no dry flour is visible. Be very careful not to over mix.
- Carefully pour into prepared pan. In another bowl toss together the sliced almonds and the remaining ½ cup of cheese. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the dough. Press down slightly so that it all sticks to the dough.
Bake for 60-70 minutes until a tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. After removing from the oven let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack until completely cooled. Bread will remain fresh for 2-3 days wrapped in aluminum foil lined with parchment paper.