Bake this awesome cardamom cake.
- 3 Sticks Butter–unsalted
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 2 tsps Vanilla or 2 tsps Cardamom
- 1 Cup Milk–not low fat
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- Cream 3 sticks of butter gradually with 3 cups of sugar.
- When soft, add the 6 eggs one at a time along with the vanilla or cardamom.
- Sift together 3 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp salt and add slowly 1 cup of milk and then add slowly to egg mixture.
- Spoon into well greased bunt or tube pan and put into a COLD oven, Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave inside for 1 more hour.
- Remove from pan and when totally cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar or make a glaze of powdered sugar and a few drops of milk.
- Cardamom cake is now ready to be served!
Note: This is a recipe from West Milford days and it is a favorite of Dad’s. It was given to me by Edie Katalinas who was our next-door neighbor and my Lamaze partner when I was expecting Claudia.