The Brown sugar pound cake. This is a really good cake.
A little different from the normal pound cake.
SERVING: Makes one (10-inch) tube cake.
- 2 sticks (1 cup/8 oz/226g) butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- 1 tsp. maple flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Beat butter and both sugars at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients, alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir in flavorings.
- Pour into prepared tube pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F (180 C) oven for 1 1/4 hours or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on rack. If desired frost or glaze.
- Your Brown sugar pound cake is ready to be served.
Source and picture: Academia Barilla