In Sardinia called Coiettas.
These succulent and delicious meat rolls will melt in your mouth.
- 8 slices beef leg, 2 oz each
- 1 ¾ oz lard
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig parsley
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 ladle broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a meat pounder, pound the slices of meat until thin.
- Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a knife, finely chop the peeled garlic, parsley and lard.
- Mix together and spread a little bit on each slice of meat.
- Roll up each slice of meat, forming a cylinder, and use toothpicks to pin closed.
- Finely chop the lard, garlic and parsley and spread on the slices.
- Place olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- When hot, add the meat rolls, browning them on all sides.
- Once nicely browned, add the broth and continue cooking, covered, over very low heat.
- When the broth has evaporated, remove the cover and add the white wine.
- Cook uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes, then remove the toothpicks and serve.
Source and picture:Academia Barilla