- 2 Lbs Top Round Steak – ¼ inch thick
- 2 Cups Fresh Italian Parsley – Chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil – Chopped
- 1 Cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 3 Tbs Garlic – minced
- 1 Cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese – grated
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper – to taste
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Tomato Sauce – your favorite, or more as necessary
- Cut the meat int 4” X 6” slices and pound thin. Avoid tearing or making holes.
- Blend the parsley, garlic and the basil and spread over each meat slice.
- Mix the bread crumbs and the cheese and sprinkle over the meat.
- Sprinkle each with a little salt and pepper.
- Roll the meat, tuck in the ends and tie with twine. Sprinkle each bundle with a little more salt and pepper.
- Brown the meat in the olive oil over a low-medium heat, turning gently until evenly browned.
- Remove the meat from the pan when done and add to your favorite tomato sauce. Simmer for about 45 minutes and just until the meat is tender but not overcooked.
- When ready to serve, remove from the sauce, remove the twine and slice and arrange one a platter. Or you can make smaller ones and serve each individually.
- Serve with a side of pasta and a nice salad and you are in for a wonderful dinner.