Here is the best recipe for Blueberry butter cake. A great cake for springtime.
Easy to make and will have your guests asking for the recipe.
Servings: Serves 8
For the Topping:
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (5 1/2 tbsp./2 3/4 oz./75g) unsalted butter, cold
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp. (1 stick + 1 tbsp./4 1/2 oz./125g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups blueberries
Serve with: (optional)
Whipped Cream or Non-dairy whipped topping
To Make the Topping:
- Place brown sugar and flour in a bowl, add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
To Make the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together.
- Add the eggs, and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients, alternating with sour cream, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour the cake batter into prepared cake pan.
- Sprinkle with blueberries and topping mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then release sides of pan and place cake on wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, serve with whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with fresh cream.