The Biscotti Limone & Nocciole (Lemon Walnut Biscotti). These light and delicious Italian Biscotti are firm but not too hard and keep well for several weeks in an airtight container.
Enjoy the fresh lemon and crunchy toasted walnut flavor of these biscotti the next time you want to make a different kind of cookie.
LEMON WALNUT BISCOTTI RECIPE
Servings: Makes 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Place walnuts on baking sheet and bake at 350°F 5 to 7 minutes until fragrant and lightly toasted; set aside.
- In large bowl, cream butter and oil with sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add lemon rind and juice.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and ginger, stir into creamed mixture.
- Mix in walnuts.
- Cover and chill dough at least 4 hours.
- Divide dough into 3 portions.
- On lightly floured board, roll dough into logs about 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) in diameter and 10 inches (25 cm) long.
- Place the logs on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325°F (160°C) 30 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Cool 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully slice logs diagonally about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick.
- Place slices, cut side down, on baking sheet.
- Bake at 300°F (150°C) about 20 minutes or until light golden brown underneath.
- Cool on racks. Store in airtight container.